MadSci Network: Medicine

Re: What training do i need to be a lab technician

Date: Thu Apr 9 16:14:28 1998
Posted By: Mike Crawford, MadSci Admin
Area of science: Medicine
ID: 891980861.Me

In general, a college degree in science is required. You should go to a college where labs do independent research, not just classes that have labs as part of them--although those are important, too. Often, these colleges have a lot of part-time technician jobs available for students--after classes or during the summer. Sometimes, if a college is in your hometown, high school students can get these jobs. You may be doing mostly support work to begin with, helping out the lab by making chemical solutions or other small jobs, but eventually you should be able to do real research. As with any career possibility, it's always the best to actually do the job for a little while and see how things go. You may be surprised at how much you do or don't like it after some hands on experience. Good luck!


Current Queue | Current Queue for Medicine | Medicine archives

Try the links in the MadSci Library for more information on Medicine.

MadSci Home | Information | Search | Random Knowledge Generator | MadSci Archives | Mad Library | MAD Labs | MAD FAQs | Ask a ? | Join Us! | Help Support MadSci

MadSci Network,
© 1995-1998. All rights reserved.