MadSci Network: Evolution

Subject: Chimpanzee or bonobo

Date: Thu Jun 25 09:51:16 1998
Posted by Ashok Aggarwall
Grade level: other
School: No school entered.
City: London State/Province: No state entered.
Country: England
Area of science: Evolution
ID: 898786276.Ev

I have read in several places that the chimpanzee is the nearest to 
humans in that we share 98% of genes with the other 2% making us 
humans and chimpanzees apes. However it would seem that we are 
closest to the bonobos in our sexual behaviour (and preoccupation!). 
Have any comparisons been carried out between human and bonobo genes 
and what do the results indicate?

Great service. Thanks

Re: Chimpanzee or bonobo

Current Queue | Current Queue for Evolution | Evolution archives

Try the links in the MadSci Library for more information on Evolution. MadSci Home

MadSci Home | Information | Search | Random Knowledge Generator | MadSci Archives | Mad Library | MAD Labs | MAD FAQs | Ask a ? | Join Us! | Help Support MadSci

MadSci Network,
© 1995-1998. All rights reserved.