|MadSci Network: Medicine|
"Penicillin allergy usually consists of a rash and some joint pains when taken orally; the dangerous anaphylactic shock/renal failure variant occurs with injected penicillin rather than oral doses. The amount of penicillin likely to be ingested from Roquefort cheese is very small, and oral, so that, although an allergic reaction is possible it would be highly unlikely to be serious Moreover, many people labelled as allergic to penicillin in childhood are not truly so; many childhood illnesses are minor, but themeselves produce rashes which are attributed to oral penicillin therapy. A consultation, perhaps for allergy testing, with a dermatologist or allergy specialist could be worthwhile" Michael Martin-Smith -- Michael Martin-Smith
Try the links in the MadSci Library for more information on Medicine.