MadSci Network: Chemistry

Re: Is copper sulfate harmful to humans in small doses?

Date: Mon Mar 1 12:19:30 1999
Posted By: Henry Boyter, Senior Scientist
Area of science: Chemistry
ID: 918431798.Ch

Rinsing it out should be OK, but to be 100% sure, throw the thing away.  
Copper sulfate pentahydrate has a human oral LD0 of 1088 mg/kg.  Pretty 
non-toxic to humans, but it is a listed pesticide and most labels say 
harmful if swallowed.  Save the grinder for other chemicals, buy a new one.

Current Queue | Current Queue for Chemistry | Chemistry archives

Try the links in the MadSci Library for more information on Chemistry.

MadSci Home | Information | Search | Random Knowledge Generator | MadSci Archives | Mad Library | MAD Labs | MAD FAQs | Ask a ? | Join Us! | Help Support MadSci

MadSci Network,
© 1995-1999. All rights reserved.