|MadSci Network: General Biology|
I don't think maggots (wormlike larvae of a fly), upon infestation of animals (myiasis) that occurs usually accidentally due to poor hygiene (decaying and uncared for wounds), produce any "toxins". Indeed, years ago, maggots were put on human wounds to feed on dead and rotting tissues. This would actually assist in the total cleaning and healing of quite serious wounds. It would appear that dogs and animals with major cuts, bites, etc. that are infested with maggots are seriously infected by disease causing bacteria and probably developed septicemia. In addition, they are probably malnourished and in general poor condition before a veterinarian sees the animal with myiasis!
Try the links in the MadSci Library for more information on General Biology.