|MadSci Network: Microbiology|
By over-cooking (or burning), can the toxin (of botulism) be made non- toxic? Otherwise, when ingested, is the toxin absorbed into the lining of the stomach? If the toxin would come into contact with an open cut of the skin--what would be the symptions of having botulism? And last, could the toxin (botulin spores) get into the body if they were accidentally inhaled; if so, what would be the symptions of having botulism? Thank you for your assistance.
Re: Can 'Clostridium Botulinum' (bacteria toxin) be made non-toxic by over-cook
Try the links in the MadSci Library for more information on Microbiology.