MadSci Network: Engineering

Re: What does the SI on a floresent light bulb mean?

Date: Wed Dec 29 08:01:55 1999
Posted By: David Sherman, Staff, Sr. Analytical Chemist, Chr. Hansen Ingredient Technology
Area of science: Engineering
ID: 941824231.Eg

The SI printed on a fluorescent bulb signifies that the system of measurement used was the modern metric system. The unit of measurement used to quantify luminous intensity is the candela. Here are two links that explain the SI system of measurement and define the candela:

Current Queue | Current Queue for Engineering | Engineering archives

Try the links in the MadSci Library for more information on Engineering.

MadSci Home | Information | Search | Random Knowledge Generator | MadSci Archives | Mad Library | MAD Labs | MAD FAQs | Ask a ? | Join Us! | Help Support MadSci

MadSci Network,
© 1995-1999. All rights reserved.