MadSci Network: Zoology

Re: Is there a specific name for a flock of ravens?

Date: Wed Sep 20 18:41:04 2000
Posted By: Ingrid Dodge, Grad student, Immunology
Area of science: Zoology
ID: 969407884.Zo

Dear Sarah:

Thank you for your enjoyable question.  You asked if the name for a group of 
ravens is a "murder."  This is not exactly true.  The name for a group of crows 
is murder, according to the Information Please Almanac.  Crows and ravens are 
similar, in that they are large black birds with distinctive calls, but ravens 
are even bigger than crows.  I'm almost certain that a group of ravens is called 
a quorum, but I cannot find any references to this effect.

Hope this helps!

Current Queue | Current Queue for Zoology | Zoology archives

Try the links in the MadSci Library for more information on Zoology.

MadSci Home | Information | Search | Random Knowledge Generator | MadSci Archives | Mad Library | MAD Labs | MAD FAQs | Ask a ? | Join Us! | Help Support MadSci

MadSci Network,
© 1995-2000. All rights reserved.