MadSci Network: Zoology

Re: what is an eagles nest called?

Date: Tue Jul 24 13:37:13 2001
Posted By: Ingrid Dodge, Grad student, Immunology
Area of science: Zoology
ID: 995993883.Zo

Hi Joshua-

You can, of course, call an eagle's nest a nest. The word I think you are looking for, though is aerie. The word aerie can refer to any nest that is built on a high place, usually a cliff, but it is commonly used to denote an eagle's nest, as in an eagle's aerie. The word aerie itself comes from the Latin area - open space or threshing floor.

I hope that helps!

Current Queue | Current Queue for Zoology | Zoology archives

Try the links in the MadSci Library for more information on Zoology.

MadSci Home | Information | Search | Random Knowledge Generator | MadSci Archives | Mad Library | MAD Labs | MAD FAQs | Ask a ? | Join Us! | Help Support MadSci

MadSci Network,
© 1995-2001. All rights reserved.