MadSci Network: Engineering

Subject: Is there such thing as a resistor that bends?

Date: Fri Jun 20 15:05:59 2003
Posted by Tony
Grade level: grad (non-science) School: Pratt
City: NY State/Province: NY Country: USA
Area of science: Engineering
ID: 1056139559.Eg

Is there such a circuit or resistor where you can read off it and it will tell 
you how much the material has bent?  For example I have a door and by putting 
this resistor on the hinge I want to determine how much the door has opened by 
how much it has bent.  Thanks!

Re: Is there such thing as a resistor that bends?

Current Queue | Current Queue for Engineering | Engineering archives

Try the links in the MadSci Library for more information on Engineering.

MadSci Home | Information | Search | Random Knowledge Generator | MadSci Archives | Mad Library | MAD Labs | MAD FAQs | Ask a ? | Join Us! | Help Support MadSci

MadSci Network,
© 1995-2003. All rights reserved.