MadSci Network: Medicine

Re: what courses would you need to become an epidemiologist?

Date: Tue Sep 13 18:27:43 2005
Posted By: Ralph Johnson, Staff, Agricultural Quarantine, US Customs and Border Protection
Area of science: Medicine
ID: 1125006577.Me

An Epidemiologist is a scientist who studies the transmission and control 
of epidemic diseases in populations. Most are Medical doctors with some 
holding a Masters degree along with their MD degree. A solid educational 
background would nclude Mathematics (Calculus level), an average of 15 
hours of course work in the field of Epidemiology, Demography, and 
Research design. Epidemiologists work for Medical institutions, 
Universities, the Military, and other government agencies. For additional 
information, you may call the Society for Epidemiologic Research at

Current Queue | Current Queue for Medicine | Medicine archives

Try the links in the MadSci Library for more information on Medicine.

MadSci Home | Information | Search | Random Knowledge Generator | MadSci Archives | Mad Library | MAD Labs | MAD FAQs | Ask a ? | Join Us! | Help Support MadSci

MadSci Network,
© 1995-2005. All rights reserved.