MadSci Network: Biochemistry

Re: What happens if you don't get enough/too much sulfur in your body?

Date: Tue Jan 10 15:56:52 2006
Posted By: Arvind Goja, Grad student, Nutrition and Food Science, Wayne State University
Area of science: Biochemistry
ID: 1127966031.Bc

I hope this review will help you with the information you needed to know about sulfur.

Hope it is of some use to you.

[Moderator's note: We have some answers in our archives that should also be of use to you. Take a look at this answer (932392966.Me), and this answer (1115689153.Bc). In addition, this materials saftey data sheet (MSDS) for sulfur ( indicates that sulfur is considered "essentially non-toxic by ingestion. Ingestion of very large amounts may cause sore throat, nausea, headache, and possibly unconsciousness in severe cases. May be converted into hydrogen sulfide in the intestine." Other MSDSs for sulfur can be found at this URL:]

Current Queue | Current Queue for Biochemistry | Biochemistry archives

Try the links in the MadSci Library for more information on Biochemistry.

MadSci Home | Information | Search | Random Knowledge Generator | MadSci Archives | Mad Library | MAD Labs | MAD FAQs | Ask a ? | Join Us! | Help Support MadSci

MadSci Network,
© 1995-2006. All rights reserved.