MadSci Network: Immunology

Re: you wanted an antibody to use in a haemagglutination assay

Date: Wed May 14 10:46:57 2008
Posted By: William Gunn, Grad student, The Center for Gene Therapy, Tulane University
Area of science: Immunology
ID: 1210752745.Im

Thanks for your question, Roni.

This really depends on the particular kind of assay you are doing. I tend to prefer monoclonals when they're available, because they're cheaper and more specific, but not knowing the details of the assay (for example, what the antibody is supposed to be reacting to), I can't help you any more than that.

I can tell you that both monoclonal and polyclonal antibodies are used for different kinds of blood typing, for example. Just keep in mind the nature of the difference between a monoclonal and polyclonal and try to decide which is most appropriate for your particular situation.

Current Queue | Current Queue for Immunology | Immunology archives

Try the links in the MadSci Library for more information on Immunology.

MadSci Home | Information | Search | Random Knowledge Generator | MadSci Archives | Mad Library | MAD Labs | MAD FAQs | Ask a ? | Join Us! | Help Support MadSci

MadSci Network,
© 1995-2006. All rights reserved.