MadSci Network: Microbiology

Subject: What professional performs lab tests for diseases like Dengue?

Date: Thu Mar 12 11:58:32 2009
Posted by Josue
Grade level: grad (science) School: Universidad Central del Caribe
City: Bayamon State/Province: PR Country: USA
Area of science: Microbiology
ID: 1236884312.Mi

Hi, Im currently enrolled in a Microbiology and Immunology Master's Degree 
Program. I'm also an ASCP certified MT. My question arises from the fact that 
evry time a possible case of Dengue arises here in Puerto Rico, a sample from 
the individual is sent to the CDC for the virus identification. Who performs 
these tests?? Is there a special training required?? Education degree? Of 
course, I ask because I'm highly interested in performing vector-borne 
identification lab tests. Thanks!!

Re: What professional performs lab tests for diseases like Dengue?

Current Queue | Current Queue for Microbiology | Microbiology archives

Try the links in the MadSci Library for more information on Microbiology.

MadSci Home | Information | Search | Random Knowledge Generator | MadSci Archives | Mad Library | MAD Labs | MAD FAQs | Ask a ? | Join Us! | Help Support MadSci

MadSci Network,
© 1995-2006. All rights reserved.