MadSci Network: Genetics

Subject: Testing for mutated genes and DNA changes.

Date: Tue Mar 24 20:00:41 2009
Posted by No name entered.
Grade level: undergrad School: No school entered.
City: No city entered. State/Province: No state entered. Country: No country entered.
Area of science: Genetics
ID: 1237950041.Ge

When you have testing done to to determine if you have a mutated gene, are the current tests only to give 
results for health problems?  Is it currently possible to test for mutated genes or changes in DNA resulting 
in structural alterations, appearance, character, and behavior changes, ect.  What would that kind of 
testing be called?  Where could you have it done?

Re: Testing for mutated genes and DNA changes.

Current Queue | Current Queue for Genetics | Genetics archives

Try the links in the MadSci Library for more information on Genetics.

MadSci Home | Information | Search | Random Knowledge Generator | MadSci Archives | Mad Library | MAD Labs | MAD FAQs | Ask a ? | Join Us! | Help Support MadSci

MadSci Network,
© 1995-2006. All rights reserved.