MadSci Network: Chemistry

Re: Calver II indicator, Is there another name ,How to locate?

Date: Tue Oct 26 15:41:19 1999
Posted By: Christopher e. Elhardt, Staff, Water Utility, City of Waco Water Utility Laboratory
Area of science: Chemistry
ID: 940623227.Ch

Sorry, I can only give you an educated guess.  This sounds like the trade 
name for a mix of an indicator and Versene (TM), which is EDTA.  
I would suggest titrating for calcium with Calmagite (1-[1-hydroxy-4-
methyl-2-phenylazo]-2-naphthol-4-sulfonic acid) with the addition of 
EDTA.  I don't have any methods handy just now, but you may be able to 
search under the CAS numbers for the free acid [3147-14-6] and the 
triethanolammonium salt [91698-30-5] and come up with an appropriate 
If you're looking at water samples, you might want to check the Hach 
Company catalog,

Current Queue | Current Queue for Chemistry | Chemistry archives

Try the links in the MadSci Library for more information on Chemistry.

MadSci Home | Information | Search | Random Knowledge Generator | MadSci Archives | Mad Library | MAD Labs | MAD FAQs | Ask a ? | Join Us! | Help Support MadSci

MadSci Network,
© 1995-1999. All rights reserved.