|MadSci Network: Zoology|
sodium hypochlorite is a strong oxidant and it is corrosive. It is to be expected, that espeicially the organisms that cannot go away like corals, algae, mussels will be hurt. Depending on the amount of water contaminated you will also have to consider damages to fish especially to the gills of them. The original toxicant probably is the chlorine, to which the hypochlorite reacts. As I am not literature service I have no articles or so available. kind regards Kai Bester
Try the links in the MadSci Library for more information on Zoology.